Deaf Empowerment Awareness Foundation, Inc. (AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER)
JOB TITLE: Accounting Intern
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller
SALARY: Hourly Minimum Wage
LOCATION: Webster Groves, MO
JOB CLASS: Part-time Employee (10-15 hours/week)
About DEAF, Inc.
The mission of Deaf Empowerment Awareness Foundation, Inc. is to Empower, raise Awareness, and bridge a sustainable Foundation of communication and equal access to both the deaf/hard of hearing and the hearing communities in the St. Louis metro area.
The Accounting Intern is responsible for a variety of accounting tasks to assist the Financial Controller. The intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Flow, Financial Reporting, Monthly Reconciliations, and use of QuickBooks Online accounting software. This position is expected to work approximately 10-15 hours with flexibility to work around a class schedule. The internship should last for approximately three (3) months with option to extend, based on needs of the business.
• Prepare daily cash deposits and summaries
• Audit customer invoices for errors and/or duplicates and import into accounting system
• Record credit card payments and assign to appropriate expense accounts in subsidiary ledgers
• Assist with other tasks and special projects in support of the Financial Department as needed
Skills and Requirements:
• Recently completed or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Preference will be given to students with junior standing and a minimum GPA of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel
• Strong attention to detail
• Effective organizational, time management, and multi-taking skills
If interested, please submit a cover letter, DEAF, Inc. Application and a resume. Send the contents to
careers(at)deafinc.org for consideration.
25 E. Frisco Ave, Webster Groves, MO 63119
Phone: (314) 714-6400
FAX: (314) 266-7427
Contact via e-mail
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other status which may be protected by Federal, State or local law.
25 E. Frisco Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119
Phone/VP: (314) 714-6400
FAX: (314) 266-7427
Phone: (314) 968-8868
Toll Free: (888) 898-3323